Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Good Heavens

Post #2 in this ongoing series that I hope keeps going on.--------------------------------------------

There won't be much about the religious or spiritual aspect of death here.  Whatever thoughts I have about that are in another blog. On this one I play the role of a generally objective observer of the thoughts, feeling, attitudes, customs and practices that surround the inevitable thing we call death.

I don't know how many of us believe heaven is a place in the sky where we go when we die. Whether you believe it or not, haven't you spoken of a departed loved one "looking down" on us? But we say it only when something good is happening down here. I don't recall saying it when I'm up to something that I do not want to be seen on the big screen heavenly TV up there. I don't want my late wife to know that I have not cleaned the pile of snow off off the bird feeder and fed  the creatures she loved to watch. On the other hand, the thought that she might see it is enough to get me out there and doing what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment