Sunday, October 15, 2017

Wrong about death?

I don't relate to the posts about death and grieving that I see on Facebook. I don't recall ever experiencing the waves of grief that I often see there.  Is there something wrong with me? There are lots of things wrong with me.  But the way I deal with death is not one of them. We are all different.  Our attitudes and feelings about death are shaped by countless factors, beliefs and experiences  and the circumstances of the death. Age is a part of it. My wife was 80 and I was 83 when she died. I'm twice the age of most internet users.   I have experienced more deaths than I can remember.  Nobody half my age or  even 15 or 20 years younger dealing with a loss wants to hear that you might get over the grief. But you might.


Why does the 1940 Cadillac keep showing up here?  Maybe it's a guy thing. I hope some guy who is into classic cars will spot it and take a peek at what the blog is about.  It would be good  to know that men read something about death that's written by a man and find something helpful in it. If there's a fellow Packard fan here, you probably know that Henry Ford's last ride wasn't in a Ford or a Cadillac. It was a Packard hearse.

No comments:

Post a Comment